Being India’s commerce capital, as well as one of its more well-dressed (if not the most well-dressed) cities.
- Bandra: Bandra is one of the creative centers of Mumbai. Almost every high-end brand either has a flagship here or is stocked in one of the neighborhood’s many high-end stores. Many Bollywood stars make their home here, and locals enjoy shopping along Linking Road.
- Malabar Hill: Malabar Hill is one of Mumbai’s most upscale neighborhoods, and offers both scenic views and very fashionable boutiques. It contains some of Mumbai’s best shopping experiences; try Peddar Road to start.
- Andheri West: Andheri West’s primary shopping destination is Lokhandwala Market. Here, you’ll find something for everyone, at many differing price points.
- Juhu: Though Juhu has its share of malls inside of neighborhood limits, it also plays host to international shops as well as smaller boutiques for local designers. Well-known for its beach, nearby Juhu Tara Road is going to be a great bet to find nice pieces.
- Lower Parel: Lower Parel is home to a couple of pretty great malls: High Street Phoenix and Palladium Mall. Palladium seems to be the more higher-end center, while High Street is more accessible with respect to price points.
Specific Places To Shop:
- Aza Fashion
- Lokhandwala Market
- Fashion Street Market
- Manish Malhotra
- Anamika Khanna
- Vikram Phadnis
- Tarun Tahiliani
- Payal Khandwala
- Falguni Shane Peacock
- Lakme Fashion Week: Lakme Fashion Week is jointly organized by Lakme, the number one cosmetics and beauty services brand in India, and IMG Reliance, a joint venture between Reliance Industries Limited and IMG Worldwide. Lakme Fashion is organized twice a year.
- Fashion Design Council of India: The Fashion Design Council of India works to further the business of fashion in India and ensure its sustainable growth. It works to promote and its 400+ members, who include fashion and accessory designers & professionals, educational institutions, and corporations.
- Clothing Manufacturers Association Of India (CMAI): The Clothing Manufacturers Association of India is the oldest representative association of the fashion industry in the country. With over 20,000 members, and with its headquarters in Mumbai, CMAI acts as a liaison between the apparel industry and the Indian government.
- Elle India
- Harper’s Bazaar India
- Vogue India
- New Woman
- GQ India
Universities & Colleges:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- International Institute of Fashion Design, Ghatkopar
- Pearl Academy, Mumbai
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology