Its reputation as a historic city; indeed, Rome is known as the ‘Eternal City’ for a reason. Rome, however, is also creating multiple opportunities where they groom younger designers for a future in fashion.
- Tridente: Tridente is so named because it is formed by three streets that create a ‘trident’ shape. It is home to many of Rome’s historic sights – the Spanish Steps being one of them – and to high-fashion designer boutiques
- Monti: Monti is one of Rome’s trendier neighborhoods these days after a past as Rome’s red light district. It’s a great place to stumble into both small boutiques, independent shops, and vintage stores.
- Prati: Prati has a very advantageous location for business, as they’re slightly north of the Vatican. Home to many white-collar professionals, Prati is a good source for both high-end and affordable clothing – as its many small shops and couple of department stores would attest.
- Centro Storico: Centro Storico is the center of Rome (and also of tourists). Go here to find both high-end shopping and clothing for the masses.
Specific Places To Shop:
- LOL MODA ARTE DESIGN
- La Rinascente
- Twice Vintage Shop
- Barbara Gregori
- Galleria Alberto Sordi
- Niki Nika
- Gente Roma
- Chez Dede
- Roi du Lac
- Stella Jean
- Marco De Vincenzo
- Le Gallinelle
- Altaroma: Altaroma works to promotes the excellence of Made in Italy and the artisanal workings of designers by scouting and training in order to support young talents and new brands. From 2002 to the present day, Altaroma has been both a meeting point for exploring new trends and an important national and international showcase for creatives of the fashion world.
Altaroma has three primary projects on which it works:
- Fashion Hub, which is dedicated to scouting, training, and promotion of Fashion Talents of Made in Italy
- Who Is On Next, a scouting project organized in collaboration with Vogue Italia
- Showcase, which aims to establish commercial relationships and facilitate B2B contacts between emerging brands and national & international buyers during the Altaroma fashion shows. Showcase is dedicated to Italian fashion brands, with Italian production, and is reserved for young designers and independent brands of Made in Italy.
- Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana: Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana (English: The National Chamber for Italian Fashion) was founded in 1958 with the purpose of spreading the knowledge, promotion and development of Fashion through events in Italy and abroad.
- Grazia Italia
- Alla Carta
- Elle Italia
- Hunter Magazine
- Vogue Italia
- Marie Claire Italia
- C.a.p. 74024
- D Repubblica
Universities & Colleges:
- Istituto Europeo di Design
- Accademia Internazionale D’Alta Moda E D’Arte Del Costume Koefia
- Accademia Italiana
- Accademia Costume & Moda
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma