Being a VERY mall-friendly city. Having residents that love the act of shopping, and have the income to do it.
- Wan Chai: Wan Chai isn’t strictly a fashion shopping district, per se, but it is home to a few nice boutiques and to Pacific Place Shopping Mall – which claims some of the most luxurious brands in the world.
- Causeway Bay: Causeway Bay is the place to go if you want to sample a bit of everything – department stores, independent boutiques, and shopping malls, among other types of shopping locations.
- Tsim Sha Tsui: Tsim Sha Tsui is home to Hong Kong’s largest shopping mall, as well as some of the city’s more popular shopping streets – each of which have their own sartorial personalities.
- Central: Central is the luxury center of Hong Kong, and houses many international brands that have a presence in the city.
- Mong Kok: Mong Kok is popular with tourists, as it has many street markets that are good for both shopping and souvenirs.
Specific Places To Shop:
- Sogo (department store)
- Times Square Mall
- Shanghai Tang
- Ladies Market
- IFC Mall
- Goods of Desire
- Johanna Ho
- Barney Cheng
- Anais Jourden
- Cynthia & Xiao
- CENTRESTAGE: CENTRESTAGE was launched in 2016 by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) to promote international Asian fashion brands and designs. Many types of events are held during CENTRESTAGE, including fashion shows, runway shows, and seminars, among other things.
- Hong Kong Fashion Week: Hong Kong Fashion Week is held twice a year in the city, and is hosted by the HKTDC.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC): The HKTDC exists to promote trade in Hong Kong. It organizes international exhibitions and conferences to create opportunities for Hong Kong businesses.
Fashion Farm Foundation: Fashion Farm Foundation is a nonprofit established in 2012 to promote Hong Kong’s fashion design community by building opportunities to collaborate with other sectors and by hosting interactive events to exchange ideas & share experiences.
- Tatler Hong Kong
- Vogue Hong Kong
- ELLE Hong Kong
- Harper’s Bazaar Hong Kong
Universities & Colleges:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hong Kong Design Institute
- Savannah College of Art and Design – Hong Kong
To find out more about our e-book, Alternative Fashion Capitals: A Survey Of Twenty Cities Of Emerging Thought Leadership – and how to purchase it – click this link.
To subscribe to Manic Metallic’s newsletter, click here. To follow us on Instagram, click here.